PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 08:44
Cat5 in the Hat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RayDarr
The Wavy Navy rank is only used in the SCC. I am suggesting that ATC/CCF Officers wear RAF uniform with an equivalent "Wavy Navy" rank. Then you can have an Air Cadet commission, given out by the Air Cadet organisation to stick on your wall, and everyone will know you are an Air Cadet Officer. (Yes, we know that is what the VR(T) means, but while your people hold the same commissions as our people, some of your people will continue to expect our people to fall over backwards for them)
The RAFVR(T) do not profess to be the RAF or the RAuxAF, or indeed "hold the same commisions as our people [RAF/RAuxAF]". The RAFVR(T) are not commisioned officers in the RAF, or the RAuxAF. They are commisioned into the RAFVR (as per wording on scroll).

As you point out, the SCC have wavy navy bands to differentiate them from the Full Timers. The RAFVR(T) have gilt VRT badges on their rank slides to differentiate them from the regulars. Fairly simple eh?

I suppose you'd better disband the RAFVR(UAS) too. You don't need to be in that to fly and drink beer?

I'm interested as to the source of your animosity towards the hard working, guys who put in alot of time to the corps. Did a VR(T) steal your lolly when you were younger?