PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Revenge is sweet
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2006, 07:58
Final 3 Greens

Revenge is sweet

Two weeks ago I flew on a very Big Airline from London to the very near continent. I paid GBP445 for a business class ticket.

Enroute, my suitcase was broken and written off.

The process for handling this was awful, basically "nothing we can do other than send a replacement (inferior type, no other choice) to your house within 5 days."

Considering I was due to fly back in two days, this was not very helpful, especially when I asked how I could get my possessions home wiht a broken suitcase "Ah, you can check them in and we'll ask you to sign a limited release." Gee thanks, only paid GBP445 for this "service."

Well today was the first day I could so something practical about it, since I tend to use this big airline for long haul travel too.

I've just booked a full fare J class ticket to the south of the USA - with another airline.

In the bigger scheme of things it means little, but it really made me feel better.

And guess what, I won't be booking to many more european tickets with them either.

In the past three years, FQTVs have endured three sets of industrial action and limited catering for a ridiculously long period of time.

Well, enough is enough.