PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mt Kelly R44 with sad loss of 4. Speculation thread
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 21:17
McGowan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As an addition to my last post, I think the R44 is a great machine. Yes it has got heaps of power and goes like a cut cat, BUT, 4 POB any fuel on any kind of a warmish day, get out of ground effect and slow the bastard down to crawling speed and you are going to get yourself in the poo if you are not very, very carefull. Old mate in the back says "have a look at that", one second of not paying attention to what you should be doing and you have got the collective up in your armpit trying to stay airbourne. For that matter a 206 close to max weight and you get the same thing.
It can and will happen to anyone......................
It doesn't take an engine failure to crash....................
SASless, if you are close to the ground and it all turns to sticky brown stuff, you would need uncomfortably large goolies to think about making a mad day call. I think I would be trying to get my fat bum out of the trouble it was in first and in this particular case I doubt there would have been time.
No I have not done any survey work in a 44.
Speculating on the cricket is not harmless. Speculating on such a numb arse, boring game would quickly drive me to putting myself out of my misery.......