PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm Not Going on any Det!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 20:27
southside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I couldn't let this one go without a reply....here goes

With the way things are going now, what with JPA, Capped Actuals, overstretch with both men and equipment, low morale,(What low morale? Morale is particularly high in the FAA) is it no wonder that so many people are so p155ed off and going off out the door?(No they are not)
What used to be the detachments overseas, the long hours working, but then a bit of R+R. This has all gone now. (Nope, they are still there)All that is left is heading East, trying to make the best of what equipment you are given, to try and help stabilise other countries,which by the way seems not much further forward considering Telic was nearly 3 yrs ago now!
It is time for people to start acting with their feet, which indeed they are! (No they are not - PVR rates are the same as they have been for years)
Why should we remain in the Forces when we receive absolutely no thanks or praise from both our own hierarchy high up in Westminster and the Govt? (Now that simply is not true, you clearly didn't listen to the Governments speech last week)
We are paid the X Factor!! Imagine if we werent? Lucky us eh?!! It just about makes it worthwhile. Still wait for the new dets on capped actuals. The first person to say " Nah, I can't go, I have to pay my car insurance this month!" This will prove to be interesting! Why should you have to spend any of your own money doing your job? (Why spend your own money when you can spend the MOD's?)It doesn't matter where in the world you are. It should be noted that eg/ the american and aussie welfare policies compared to ours is simply embarassing!!! Lucky us though we still get our 20 min phonecard!!!
Is it any wonder in this day and age why so many people are so annoyed, and leaving? Its about time we started getting looked after a wee bit better!!
All P15H!!!
Minzastella! ( I've got a receipt for a very lge diet coke!)