PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Air Training
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 20:11
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boots, I've just penned a long reply and lost it. I don't have time to re-write it.

Suffice to say I have nothing against Oxford; I just wish to help people see past their preconceptions and dispel some of the marketing hype. As for my role here, it is very much as an advisor. I have run the busiest UAS as the Chief Flying Instructor, which included interviewing and selecting candidates, teaching and examining them, writing reports on them and helping promising students get into the airlines when the RAF closed its gates. Some of my RAF contemporaries are now senior people in the civilian flying training world; others are in positions of power in the airlines. I have also been through the business of taking the ATPL exams and obtaining a job in the airlines myself in the not too distant past, and I have an information-giving role in my airline's recruiting drive now (which you can read for yourself in T&E). I was asked, many years ago, to join the Pprune team in Wannabes precisely because of that experience and those contacts. My role here is most certainly not as referee! (Though it is in the rest of the site).

Scroggs