PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - North Sea Jigsaw
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 18:39
Jigsaw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No no no, im no PR guru but thanks for the complement just saying it as it is chaps. Oh what a nasty lot of professional pilots you are! Lord Melchet (Bah!) Spin Doctor (been used before JB) whats all this negativity about JIGSAW?
Soft beds, tasty tucker and a uniform so smart its got a PhD from Cambridge. More than half the year off with a wad of cash to boot. 2 brand new state of the art SAR helicopters with all the kit you ever wanted but the military are too indifferent to provide. Multi Million pound purpose built accommodation including all the essentials such as Plasma screens, SKY TV, DVD library and Broadband internet.
Beats 3 out 2 in, next call at 80 miles MRAS SSR only, to my mind anyway! On the "real" job front JIGSPY - lets all hope they never have to leap into action because fellow aviators like you and i will be in trouble.
It all sounds rather upbeat to me and if CHC want to poach crews theyll have to offer a better deal than the Coastguard contract does at the moment - either way seems the JIGSAW boys are well placed for the planned civilianisation of UK SAR with a foot firmly in the door.
PS believe the standby aircraft is capable of everything but night auto hover so no night IMC ops and therefore no BP flights at night in that sector i would imagine.
More spin or a reality check?
PS think the notice period is less than 6 months CHAINBLOCK.
Back to the sewing circle then!