PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 18:22
Vulpecula

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting points made by all on this thread, what would the next step be? Put all points of view into a pot and send it off to someone that will make a decision?

Working on a squadron over the last three years, has been extremely challenging for me, especially as I have a very demanding roll (which I am sure that the rest of you balance quite comfortably). The ATC has released skills that I thought I never had. For one I have a lot more time and respect for teenagers! NEVER thought I would say that! And for another I have a lot more patience with said teenagers! NEVER EVER thought I would say that!! In the end I am pro the "work with the cadets" point of view. But would agree with the "more training" - I would like more as you are better informed for the cadets, but would agree that even corporation HR departments don't like the idea of a "Youth Leader", would have no problem however with a Reserve status.

I have also had the pleasure of working with regular service personnel, that have given me enthusiasm and encouragement to take the plunge into the VR(T) – And at no time have I ever heard a bad thing said about the ATC, CCF or even VR(T), until viewing comments on this site… I must admit though I have seen some daft and some unforgivable situations occur at the hands of VR(T) officers. And I am trying to be one... Well if I do eventually get there I have now the knowledge of everyone's thoughts on the subject! Must make me a better person - Right?