PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 15:32
Steve aka Buk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would just like to say thanks to those who responded to my original message regarding the flight experience course at Stapleford.

Let me introduce myself. I am a 35 year old wannabee who has just resigned from the fire service after 12 years to embark on a career in aviation. My funds are now in place after remortgaing the house and I am now set to structure my training full time via the modular route. I am due to begin Oxford groundschool next month.

My point is this - I feel that because of my age I need to make myself as attractive to employers as possible. The problem with hour building for modular students is that the training is not structured or accessed as it is for intergrated students. Now if I was 10 years younger then I don`t believe this would matter much. I would treat hour building as a time to experience travel and I would have some fun while doing it. But I am not 10 years younger and so I need to make sure that each hour counts and that come the day, hopefully in 18 months time when I attend my first interview that I can show that I took my training seriously.

I have checked out FTO`s and none seem to do a structured hour building course for modular students other than you can buy a block of hours at a discounted price.

Maybe this is a gap in the market that could be taken advantage of.

PS.......GOOD LUCK TO ALL WANNABEES OLD AND YOUNG