PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interview stuff
Thread: Interview stuff
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 15:20
SpannerInTheWerks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a more serious note... ?!

Preparation is the name of the game in my book:

Tip 1: Learn about yourself - I read several books from the library about interview techniques etc and prepared a 14 page summary of my life and times (boring!). Whatever job you're going for the Q&As must, by definition be similar. So know yourself, then you will never be caught out with 'strengths and weaknesses' type questions.

Tip 2: Learn about the airline - who's who, fleet, press releases, routes (you know what I mean)

Tip 3: Learn about the job - technical questions and flying generally (Flying the Big Jets is good for a start)

Tip 4: Interview - stay cool, relaxed. Treat it as a 'business' meeting rather than an 'interview'. You might be desperate for a job, but try to come across professionally. Attitude is as important as knowledge at this stage if you want to succeed.

Tip 5: Don't get pissed with cabin crew the night before and go to bed a 3am when you have a 9am interview. I did this once. I got the job because when I was asked 'what do you think about cabin crew', I answered honestly and said: 'I thought they were great, an integral part of the team - so much so I got pissed with some last night!' Luckily the intereviewer appreciated that and I got the job! A risk I wouldn't advise you to take (I had weighed up the interviewer and realised he was 'one of the lads'?!).

Tip 6: Is there one?

lol

Best of luck

SITW