PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 12:04
RayDarr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Postman Plod,
Yep, I forgot about the new SNCO structure. Our local Sqn dosen't have any as yet, but I was aware.
Now, the threads below have pointed out that these is a small, but very obvious, section of the VR(T) who like to swan about the place being "Orfficers" This annoys the parent service, especially the airmen who have to grit their teeth and call these people sir, salute and so on. It also annoys the good guys in the VR(T), of whom I freely admit, there are many who see these people doing all they can to promote their own position at the expense of the cadet movement and their peers. My solution is to remove their power base i.e. the commission they so obviously relish so much. The average Sqn Cdr or Sqn Officer is doing what he does for the benefit of the cadets, therefore he/she won't care at all . The RAF, while still being polite, will now be spared the bulls**t, and the poseurs, having nothing left to pose about, will go and find something else to do. The expected result is that the wasters go away so allowing the Air Cadets to do what they do best more efficiently, and with more fun. I strongly believe that saying we can't get volunteers of the right calibre, or "The training is not good enough" is not an excuse (paraphrased from previous threads). If they are not good enough, don't take them, and if the training is poor improve it. Getting in the wrong people trained to the wrong standard is bad for the kids.

Oh yes, some VGS bod wanted to know if this applies to them as well. Well yes of course it does. I am not aware of any theory of flight which prevents gliders working unless flown by people with VR(T) commissions.

By the way, we have 3 of these pieces of paper on our wall. My regular RAF one, my RAuxAF one and Mrs Darr's VR(T) one.