PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 10:32
aluminium persuader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Skytrucker. I think that changing the structure away from the RAF would place the Corps in very real danger. It would have implications for provision of accommodation, insurance, travel, uniform... the list goes on and on. I may not like absolutely everything about it these days (far too much useless paperwork & political correctness to start!), but I still very much want my kids to have an ATC to join. I might even be persuaded to climb back into a blue suit at the time.

Tim - for what it's worth, I have never had much trouble with CCF (& trust I've not caused them any!).

And to everyone who has added to this thread - the real tragedy is that the people who are causing the grief are not here. They're out there somewhere busily not listening.

One thing before I go - a few years ago the ACF had a TV, poster & (I think) cinema campaign for staff & cadets. Wouldn't it be great if HQAC would do something similar...?

edited to add....
Plod - some ACF apparently hold a Queen's Commission in the TA. Not quite sure how it works though. Sea Cadets I've heard get very little support from the Navy in any way, shape or form (of course happy to be corrected). ACF units are affiliated to a particular regt/corps & often have TA help too. ATC unless I'm mistaken are a part of the RAF.