PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford
Thread: Stapleford
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 10:25
hedges81

will be doing the stapleford hours block myself soon, my opinion is that it would be preferable to plan my own 99hours or so of flying, and set my own challenges than to follow a "structure path" that might be set for the hours building at an integrated course.
For me the SFC hours building will be as much an enjoyable experience as a learning one, intentions are to fly all over the place, France, Spain, Italy and see Europe from the Air.

Anyway, as an ably qualified PPL holder do you really need someone telling you how and where ur going to fly each day? As long as you maintain the standards and techniques you have learnt, with a bit of self discipline every tiem you fly there is perhaps no reason why as much, (perhaps more through being your "own man") cannot be gained through an "unstructured" hours building course as a "structured one".

What happens with "structured" hours building anyway, for example at integrated FTOs. How does it differ from "free flying". It would be interesting to hear anyones opinions on this, what if anything is gained.