PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Safety demos
Thread: Safety demos
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2006, 03:34
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Virgin have to do the demo at least once a month in order to stay familiar with it, maybe a few VS crew could confirm this. If so its a very clever idea.
At BA I reckon I do it maybe once every 2 or 3 months because either the whole system goes down, the CSD still cant figure out the video system ( ) or a few rows are not working. Mind you, I did very recently have to witness a single crew member taking it upon themselves to follow the Video Demo with his lifejacket, seatbelt, demo card and o2 mask for the sake of two passengers whos PTV's werent working! It looked utterly unprofessional as the video demo was not really made to be followed by the crew. What the crew member really should have done was gone down to them afterwards and given them a personal brief which would have only taken a moment!!!
BTW...How many of you have seen the new BA Safety Demo yet?? I think its cool, thank god they changed it from the Shoulder Pad wearing 80's fest which we had for far too long!!! Although I do miss chuckling at the early versions of mobile phones and laptops which they had on the old video!!!