PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Virgin Cabin crew now at BA...
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 23:18
lovingityeah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
chewy - I see from other posts I have read you are very fed up with BA and considering moving on, best of luck with it. If I understand correctly BA is your first job as cabin crew - all I would say is the grass isn't always greener, though if you are not happy then you have one life and should live it the way that will make you happy.

Varga Girl, yes read those posts it was more a conversation I had with a crew recently on a flight to the US, they were so friendly and kind and shared all their knowledge and some of the crew were ex Virgin and had loved it when they were at Virgin, so I know it wasn't a we hate virgin and this is why BA is so much better. I really came away from that BA flight a lot wiser and with a lot more understanding as to why people are leaving Virgin to go to BA. to rattle off things I recall, min rest days, crew down payments, roster stability, block payments for long flight duties, a union with a back bone, ability to work any cabin (except first) without being rank dependant, small economy zones, the way allowances are paid etc etc the only thing they said is perhaps not as good is staff travel.

Keeperboy - how long have you been at BA, how do you find it ? I have same company history as you
Would love to hear from more people. Many Thanks