PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Lounges
Thread: AA Lounges
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 22:01
Globaliser
Too mean to buy a long personal title

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BOFH
do you infer that the QF lounge in LAX is as disappointing as HandyAndy found it? I am considering trespassing there soon.
I've not been to LAX since the new AA/QF lounge opened in T4 so I have no personal experience. Reports that I've read suggest that it's much better than the lounges in the TBIT. But that's not saying much. I'm sure that it would be a comedown for anyone used to the CX lounges at Chek Lap Kok, but I imagine that it's probably of an acceptable standard compared to the run of airline lounges generally around the world.

So the first question will be which terminal would you be using at LAX? This page from the QF website will explain all, but basically QF's SYD and JFK flights depart from T4 with the others still at the TBIT, which is a ****hole - or at least it was the last time I was there, and I haven't heard any different since.

I know that QF FFs who have lounge access via FF status or via QF Club membership should get complimentary drinks vouchers when they enter the lounge, which takes away some of the sting of the pay bar. I assume that the same would apply to other OW hgher tier FFs. I don't know the score for those simply flying QF premium classes.
Originally Posted by BOFH
I'm also interested in the HKG lounges for BA passengers. I've only ever been at the new airport's lounges on One World.
If you have lounge access via OW higher tier status, CX's lounges (the Wing and the Pier) are available to you via OW agreements and these are significantly better than the BA/QF lounge. Great showers, a noodle bar, etc - and cabanas in the first class section if you're entitled to go in there. CX is reported to cheerfully admit those flying BA premium classes even if they don't have sufficient OW status, so it's worth trying. CX does not call BA and QF flights in the lounges, so you do have to keep an eye on the time.

At worst, the BA/QF lounge is perfectly acceptable although, as I say, it's nothing special.

I'm just wondering whether you actually mean that you've been to HKG on OW before, as the only OW lounges there are the BA/QF lounge and the CX lounges, AFAIK.