PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Training Corps
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 20:30
The mother alligator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regardless of ranting between the two organisations, both are an asset to modern day society! The amount of kids that, instead of standing on street corners drinking white lightning and abusing old women, are doing something worth while, whilst frequently helping out with local organisations and charities.

I was a cadet for 7 years, before going on to much better things (getting paid to fly!). I will always have a soft spot for the ATC as it was through activities participated with them that put me where I am now - as I hadn't been on a UAS at the time of my application.

Staff wise there are some total idiots out there. I can name several right here and now. However we shouldn't use them to bring the whole ACO down. I know guys who when on a station feel embarrassed to be saluted by WO's with several decades of full time experience. To be fair, quite rightly so!! I would be!! However there are those who abuse that, and make themselves and others that wear the VR(T) look like total tw@ts.

Just my pennies worth, long live the ACO.

TMA