Thread: Cal
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 17:25
alexb757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Due Diligence

Originally Posted by felixf16
Count D,
You might want to ask early on in the process as to the training bond issue. I didn't find out about the required $ deposit until two weeks before my scheduled interview.
I did not proceed with the screening process.
Cheers,
Felix
Good for you and I hope others learn from your experience. If this was a decent company, they would have told you everything up-front and not let you down at the 11th hour.
I think that the caveat, buyer beware, applies in airline interviews/hiring as in any other walk of life.
If an airline, indeed, any company is either unable or unwilling to discuss basic issues about proposed training, pay, bonding or any other relevant issues in this field, then IMHO, that company has something to hide and not worth my time nor money.
I personally have been in that situation a couple of times (when I was younger, enthusiastic and naieve) and I simply moved on and concentrated on those companies that are up-front and willing to disseminate info freely, no hidden agendas, no surprises. It's that simple.
If it looks too good to be true, it probably is, is another good adage to remember!