PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glider Tug Conversion Courses
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 14:59
Rote 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all of the responses folks. I was not expecting so many.

Emerald Flyer – the club is the Midland Gliding Club on the Long Mynd. I was a member there for 12 months a couple of years ago – a birthday gift. Unfortunately although I loved the flying I was trying to hour build for my CPL at the same time and did not spend enough time at the club to justify renewing the membership on my own account. I would like to carry on now but as I am trying to pay off an Instrument Rating I don’t think I can really afford to make it work out whilst trying to fly enough to keep current on powered aeroplanes.

Pilgrim flyer – My experience is really limited – 35 launches, almost all winch launches in K21’s apart from a handful of aero tows in K13’s for spinning – about 8 or 9 hours in all. I did not even go solo.

Rocket2 – I have asked them what qualifications they would like me to have, which is why I posted this enquiry. They would like me to complete a tug conversion course. The tug master suggested that they may offer one at Lasham but when I spoke to Lasham they seemed to be ‘lukewarm’ at best about the idea and indicated that they would be unwilling to offer me the training unless I was sponsored by the club that I was going to tug for. I got the impression that I was flogging a dead horse.

Thanks again for the responses. All good.