PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The “Original Air Canada” Pilots lose again.
Old 21st Feb 2006, 12:02
brucelee

Saltaire.
I think you hit the nail on the head. To some, the bad blood that was there for decades will never go away. They have brought it over as part of the package. The architects of this so-called merger greatly underestimated the "better dead than red" attitude of the blue side. On the surface, most of the former Canadian employees are quite pleasant and seem to have taken this whole mess quite well. It's only when people like the cat hater pop up that we realize what lies beneath. AC employees were forced to accept a lower standard of living while the other side, at the very least, maintained theirs if not improving it. That is fact. The cat hater can spin it any way he wants. This so-called merger will go down as the greatest rape of seniority in the history of the airline industry. No wonder they have to try and spin with the whyning. Yep, they have it real bad. In the fall of 2000, their CEO came on national tv and stated that Canadian had no more money. He stated that for all intents and purpose, they were out of business. I will never forget that moment. I immediately saw a merger in the making and my greatest fear was confirmed a short time later when Robert Milton announced we were "paying their bills" to keep them afloat. That's all in the past now. To use a quote out of ancient Rome, as the cat hater would do, "we came, we saw, we conquered". Nice job. You've earned it.