PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA Cadet Pilot - All Batches, Merged
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2006, 06:16
billkill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally think it's a priviledge to be offered a chance/opportunity to learn and is a wonderful experience despite the low pay as a cadet or tough life. Is what each individual wants. SIA itself has been known not be exactly the best in terms of employee benefits and such. But if given the opportunity to fly, would you mind? A question posed for all potential cadets. One can definitely live on $300 a mth with food and lodging and almost everything else provided. Maybe you won't get much savings, yes. Would you be willing to sacrifice those few years? It takes a noble one to be humble and lower oneself to the self-worth of only a few hundred dollars and a good chance to manage your own lifestyle too. I've seen and spoken to many cadets who gave up high-paying jobs just to fly and all had many personal reasons for doing so. So though even SIA may screw us all, we are satisfied with what we get. I have a friend who was a doctor but gave it all up to become a real estate agent. Some of us may think it's stupid and dumb, but he had his own reasons and he's satisfied with life now. It's how each individual looks at things. It's a priviledge to fly....not an entitlement. Cheers.