PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2006, 19:40
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike Jenvey
SLF = "Self Loading Freight"

From his profile, Globaliser doesn't claim to be a working for an airline......

To step into the fray, I do (work for an airline), & I airline regularly all round Europe (national carriers, low cost, the lot - including Aeroflot). I have noted minor safety/SEP "discrepancies" with many of them (such as refuelling with pax boarding, no PA, doors not "manned" - & cabin crew often not even aware of refuelling in progress).

However, if I have to express an opinion, I very much share the views of other posters that "indocrination" of FR pilots about what they can/can't do without fear of repercussions is potentially worrying.
While your intentions are noble, however, you really don't have the right to criticize any carrier representing others views. You personally need to be on the front lines to see what we as crewmembers experience. At various airports, it's not the air carriers' employees but contracted ground handlers that service the aircraft and passengers at various locations. On a specific flight, your will have a company dedicated to checking passengers in, a second company that dedicted to baggage handling, a third company for fueling, etc. In fact, you may not be aware but many locations have a separate company that deals with wheel chair passengers too.