PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Ground study material: books, DVDs, computer programs etc.
Old 20th Feb 2006, 15:55
boogie-nicey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL Theory Manuals

Was hoping you could help me out with a bit of dilema I'm currently having. I have recently read through the aircraft systems and electrical manuals from Oxford Aviation. However the manuals seemed a little too deep at times especially when I attempted to some general feedback questions. Are the manually deliberately written to be more involved than some of the questions or is it just an Oxford thing to go into subject matter too deep just to be distinctive from other providers i.e. BGS and FlyAFT?

I had a brief look through the Jeppesen manuals and they seemed a touch more digestible without overcooking the subject matter in other words I found them concise. I just want to pass the exams for now and would like to know which is more practical and which is well how can I put it .... a little self serving at times.

Of course one thing's for sure the Oxford attitude has let me down on 3 separate occassions so from that perspective I really don't think they score many points (I'm a very easy going chap and not demanding or overbearing on others).

Any help will be much appreciated.