PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ANYTHING having to do with Emirates Applications
Old 20th Feb 2006, 10:24
cannard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the survey is nothing to worry about, just asks you to list the order of how you rate emirates advertising, and your favourite websites and that sort of stuffs. people thought so much of it, cause they couldnt believe that they had been judged on thier first impression.

I can not seriously stress that enough. FIRST IMPRESSIONS people. make sure everything is done perfectly. doesnt matter if your ugly or brad pitts cuter little brother (or female equiv thereof) you need to be presentable, no wrinkly shirts, no nasty ties or hideous scarves, dont dress like a flight attendant (every time i go, i see less and less people make it through that dress like crew).

be happy to be there, as soon as you get there, make as many friends as you can, you'll be in there a long time hopefully so you dont want it boring. find a group of people, or look for the randoms that are to shy to talk to anyone and starting yapping away. it will take the edge off, and make it easier for you in the group interviews.

you may see people with scowls on thier faces, or really b!!tchy looks or just plain giving you dirties, dont worry bout these 'tards, they just think they have to compete with you on that day, when in fact they got no idea whats going on. unlike the people reading this topic. I advise people to go back and read from the start if your still curious, as many peoples have posted some great stuff, specially skysista. even go talk to the people looking angry, they might lighten up.

This seriously is the key to surviving an emirates open day. look immaculate (once again, looks dont matter, do the best with what you got, and be proud and confident that you have it, and that your going to tackle the EK challenge :P ) and make as many friends as you can, not only will this help you relax and have a bit of a laugh, it will also help with the group dymanics if you make it to the next day, as you wont feel so intimidated by talking with strangers, as you should know everyone there by then.

hope it makes sense. still waiting for a hopeful phone call. and i was a bit suprised that out of 5 people i talked to about their final interview, not one of them was asked a question about the airline itself! go figure :P

C.