PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WA aviation College
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2006, 08:32
Peto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WAAC reply

Hi Andy,
I work for the Western Australian Aviation College and would like to highlight a couple of points. I strongly agree with Gator that you do your research prior to deciding on a training provider. There are many factors to consider including quality of training, history of the provider and value for money etc.
Gator points out that we are an 'unknown product' in his opinion. I disagree. The college has been successfully training pilots on Australian Integrated courses since 1995. We have graduates flying for many companies around the world including major airlines. The process involved in gaining JAA Intergrated training approval is exhaustive. The CAA do not issue these approvals to just anyone as I am sure the other holders of the approval can attest to. Part of the approval process was a thorough audit and inspection by the CAA. They will only issue the approval if the training organisation meets their stringent quality standards. Our college has met these standards and is now fully approved to offer Integrated ATPL training. We also have modular approvals for both flying and ground school. With this in mind, I don't think it is accurate to classify us as an 'unknown product'.
Gator goes on to list prices with conversion rates. It is stated on our website that our prices are calculated on current conversion rates. When you begin a course the price is calculated and offered at the current rate. The cost of the course is then fixed for the duration regardless of what happens to conversion rates.
The extent and tone of Gators reply would suggest to me that he is involved with one of our competitors although he has not disclosed this. Apologies to Gator if I am off the mark here.
In the end, regardless of who you choose to provide your training, look for a college that offers quality training and good customer service. Whilst our course is significantly cheaper than others, it is still alot of money that you are handing over. You need to feel confident that you will get the best value for your money and that you enjoy your training. Good luck!