PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA SLF Did you remove your thread?
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2001, 09:31
AA SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chimbu chuckles -

Don't think it was the CIA, probably me with my clumbsy fingers on the keyboard. I had just composed a reply to your post here in "Rumours & News" and I may have hit the "delete" button at the bottom of the page. I didn't even know that function was there until just now.

Anyway - my reply to you is as follows (reconstruced from memory):

You said - "all I want to do is KNOW why and what we're fighting for!". My reply is that we are fighting to be able to live in peace for us and our families. Peace from the fear that we will be killed by unknown parties who DELIBERATELY TARGET innocent people. PLease note - I am talking about the DELIBERATE targeting of innocents, not about "collateral damage"!

People who do this are purely killers and as such are simply EVIL. Evil on a mass scale!

Ethnicity and religion have nothing to do with the current situation from my perspective. Evil is Evil - killers are killers. That's it. The world doesn't need this on a mass scale. It must be stopped.

So - I am "fighting" against evil and the fear that it sows in ALL the world.

I also responded to your last sentence about how the West is somehow responsible for the current situation, and you had cited Afganistan specifically and the Arabic countries in general over the last 80 years or so.

I said that Afganistan has a history going back more than 2,000 years of bloody fighting to defend their homeland against invaders and that I did NOT see that the West was at all responsible for todays conditions. I also did NOT agree with you that the West had in any way systematically abused the Arabic countries over the last 80 years, and more specifically not America.

In short - these terrorists can claim that Tuesday 11-Sept was a "payback" for American oppression in the middle East, and I say that is simply a bunch of bull*$it!

In fact America supported the Afgani people against the Russians with equipment; training and money. That is a FACT! Why do the Afgani not now support us in our time of need?

So now, others can see the background of this thread.

ps - I also said that it was obvious that you and I come from different cultures since you had expressed the thoiught that you didn't know why America was going to fight this level of terrorism and it is so obvious to me.

dAAvid -