PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK
Thread: CORK
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2006, 00:16
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faire d'income, you will receive my full attention later once I get some rest after working a very long day today. However, it looks like you are in some ways just as frustrated as I am at the state our airports are in now - what our airports at Cork and even at Dublin have had to sacrafice to keep the sacred cow in the midwest as number one is indeed dementing. It terms of Cork it seems to me a kind of mindset was allowed whereby Cork was hardly looked on being at airport at all for a long, long time. Dublin saw this weakness too and the investments in infrastructure went west and never south.

Just how is Cork able to fend for itself with the potential of a Euro 160 million debt to service? You have got to be kidding, right? Read the Irish Indo' article again above. Seems pretty clear that EI and FR are giving notice on not wanting to fork out more on higher fees. Take them out of the picture and Cork is left with little else?

Yes, what this is now is a political mess. You are right there and it will be the idiots whom you mention that are in government that will have to sort out this matter now. The Irish aviation policy for the last 60 years or so is now on it's arse.