PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 43 Air School - SA (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2006, 19:49
springbok234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel CORRECTIVE INFO!!

Right,

you can relax, 43 is by far the best school in SA, especially as far as job opportunities world wide goes as well. There are some other very good schools in the area and in Johanneburg, but Ive flown at a few and dont feel (IN MY OPINION), they offer quite as good a product as 43.

A correction to a previous posting. Although privately funded, SAA and Kenya Airways students do the SACAA ICAO CPL, IR + ME Rating, the students coming from Ireland, which I presume you are one of them, WILL BE DOING A FULLY COMPLIANT JAA/JAR CPL/ATPL course. The course material will be from the UK and the school has been evaluated by the IRISH CAA for the last few months in order for them to provide JAA/JAR training.

So you can relax that you will have a great time having the best of both worlds, not only in flying conditons and weather, but the JAA licence without conversion and at one of the top schools around. You also get the "fun" of living in a small town, whch can be intersting with beautiful beaches, with Port Elizabeth ( 1 1/2 hours) and Grahamstown (1/2 hour) not far away to party!!

But believe me, after PPL, you wont have much time to party, 43 run a tight ship and will take good care of you, you can trust your coming to a good school!!

BTW, I am at 43 now in the worst phase (Ground School)...and Im surviving!!!

In a bit!!

See you guys in a couple of weeks!