PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair/Channel 4 dispatches Programme
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2006, 15:47
corsair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I doubt if any of this will impact the public who fly Ryanair much. While I watching the programme, (which I was a bit disappointed with). I turned to my wife and said 'Are you watching this programme about Ryanair?'. 'Oh yes' she says. 'Ryanair they are having a seat sale until midnight. Let's get on the computer and book a weekend away.' Well she is blonde. I thought I had indoctrinated her better. So now we are going to Girona almost as a direct result of the programme. Bad publicity, what bad publicity?

I could have stood on my principles but I'm more afraid of her than anything Ryanair could throw at me. Besides I trust the pilots, some of whom are friends of mine, to be professional. However I do believe and I think the programme highlighted this. The culture of the company. The whole approach to dealing with it's employees and customers will in the end kill people.

I just can't help feeling that one bad weather day a fatigued Captain or one that has already had a brush with his boss will make a decision based on his fear of losing his job or demotion and make just one more approach..................................