PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R44 Down on Melbourne Beach
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2006, 11:54
headsethair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bronx: Very funny. You have humour - or is that humor ? Check sp. for gauntlet. And stop watching those awful old English B&W movies. Consider instead that television, the internet and iPods were all invented by Brits. The Dyson vacuum cleaner has led to the collapse of Hoover and most of the software that drives your mobile phones derives from a UK source. Your President will soon be flying around in a helicopter built by a UK/Europe consortium, our car designers are saving the ass of the US motor industry, and some of the biggest shows on US tv are lock, stock and barrel UK productions. We just get on with it quietly - and we're not all like PPF.

KMS PPF: Zip it. You've lost.

TC: those old habits die hard - do you have to refer to the pilot as "missy" ? You have this tendency to make the world believe that the UK male is a mysoginistic old bar-steward.....bit like some of the old B&W movie characters that have infected Bronx's mind. I maybe wrong - but do you have a battered old leather flying jacket, Ray Bans, black Levis that tuck into your motorcycle boots and a BSA Bantam strapped to your bum when you're not flying ? It's just the imagery projected by some of your posts.

Ah. Yes. The original post........My understanding is that there is a video around from the onboard recorder which has the soundtrack of the camera operator and clear pictures from the main camera throughout the entire incident.

The gyros fight hard to keep up with the helicopter movements. Presumably this videotape will be part of the investigation - although quite why an investigation is needed because a heli landed on a beach without damage or injury, I don't know.

Now - I think I'll sit down and watch Ice Cold in Alex this afternoon - trying to guess which character passed DNA to TC.

Last edited by headsethair; 19th Feb 2006 at 13:20.