PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DragonAir and Association at odds - IFALPA ban
Old 18th Feb 2006, 23:39
vikena

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Be careful guys

First of all guys look at your contract of employment and general employment contract for expat pilots.

Be very clear that this recruitment ban will in no way dissuade local pilots from applying for jobs and taking them if offered. And with the apparent lull in expansion of DA in Hong Kong ( which I understand is the core group of DA pilots)the urgency of requiring expats is probably not that high.So dont try to beat someone over a barrel when you've nothing to beat them with.

The recruitment ban mandated by Cathay pilots in their issue ,in the medium and long term, was nothing short of an embarrassment to HKAOA and IFALPA. So having an Ifalpa mandate in this context really means precious little.

And the most obvious point , which everyone knows is , you must take responsibility for your own destinys. A guy who may be offered a job is not responsible for maintaining or furthering a better deal for DA pilots.

If you do the brave thing you will walk out , take responsibility for your own actions and positions and then IFALPA will assist you.

I'm in a different goldfish bowl and thats how it looks to me.

I do wish you well though

vikena