PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia - Walked into their HQ in BKK
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2006, 11:42
ARMY OF ONE RECRUIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life vests on chaps!!! We're jumping ship!!!

Not sure if you guys know, but nearly everyone who can afford to pay the bond is leaving AirAsia. I jumped a long time ago. I had enough of the disorganisation that runs ripe in the airline. Right hand doesn't know what the left is doing?

I hear the working conditions in AirAsia have deteriated. Many do not like the constant threats sent by management via email. These threats range from signing-in on time to if you leave we shall send bad letters to your next company... Sounds very friendly!!! What happen to professionalism???

IF you are white and want to join AirAsia (Malaysia), get a 737 type rating then knock on Mohan's door. Once hired be prepared to sit around for a long time before anything happens.The cause of this is the Malaysian Government, they are trying to discourage the employment of expat pilots by delaying the issue of work Visas.

As for the A320, I hear good news. Well not really, the government and DCA has stated that no expats may fly the A320 till every last Malaysian pilot is type rated on the aircraft. This also includeds all of the idiots that were even rejected by AirAsia.

THUD... THUD... THUD... What that sound lah??? Just sound of A320s hitting the ground.

OH I NEARLY FORGOT THE BEST BIT... When you arrive at AirAsia having paid for your own type rating, and will still have to pay for the validations and so on... AirAsia will ask you to sign a bond worth 15,000USD lasting 1 year and/or 1,000 hours... OH OH and the best bit, if or when they fire you... YOU HAVE TO PAY THE BOND... hahahahaha...

I still can't believe that Tony has no idea that all pilots distrust and dislike his management pilots. I am talking about the ones who will smile in your face and call you friend, but when your back is turned... Ouch!!!

I can see the Flight International Titles now "AirAsia grounds and delays aircraft due pilot shortage".

As you can see I am one of the many pilots that was upset by AirAsia and its ways. But I am now in a much happier place and still can't believe how easy life is. Even though I can no longer afford a house as big as the one in Malaysia, I am happy.