PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe
Thread: Flybe
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2006, 21:29
Gaza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hudson Bay
Well the company needs the Aircraft sooner rather than later. 7 tech Aircraft today. 2 control problems yesterday resulting in the whole of the 146 fleet being grounded. Numerous smoke related incidents and court claims galore! No wonder they don't paint their aircraft in Flybe olours.
As a regular passenger on the SOU-EDI route I can relate to these comments. More and more my wife and I are opting for BA as we are sick and tired of delays caused by tech aircraft. The last time we tried to claim under the EU regs they used the "safety issue" cop out.

Our flight was delayed more than 4 hours which meant we would not be able to collect our hire car at EDI as it closed at 23:00. They switched us to GLA and we were able to switch our car booking to GLA but were hit with £25 in extra charges. I did not think it too unreasonable for flybe to pick up the charge but they refused.

For the sake of £25 they have lost our business which over a year is a reasonable sum of money.

The annoying thing is I enjoy flying with them. Good crew and comfortable aircraft.