PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RyanAir Captains ...
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2006, 13:12
atse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JW there is more to Leo than the insults, and valid comments (and ideology). There is also a bit more to our friend than his being an ordinary “line captain” with “almost 30 years in the air”, as is obvious to many Ryanair insiders. Among other things he seems able to attack individuals within Ryanair from a rather well informed point of view (normally these are pilots, but he recently attacked “DOFLTOPS” - in a posting that was subsequently removed).

Those attacks are normally directed at undermining the credibility and integrity of the person involved and are very much along the same lines as the “words to the wise” from management to selected pilots; the latter are like informal “briefings” about the “underlying realities” – stuff like “I’m not actually accusing X of being an axe wielding psychopath with sado-masochist tendencies and bad breath, but if I were you I would be careful about being in the cockpit with him in the dark”. X might well be somebody who is in bad odour with the great man himself.

Always an interesting coincidence when it happens. When you get onto their wavelength, as many have, it becomes second nature to spot their little ways here.