PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NE Scotland Flying Schools/Clubs
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2006, 12:05
high voltage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=Unusual Attitude]Started my PPL with Aberdeen then finished it off with Moray but that was about 8-9 years ago so much may have changed. Moray were however very professional and the prices were the cheapest around by far, wx and scenery are also excellent.

Looking at their website they don't appear to be that cheap unless you are a full member and membership subscriptions are the highest I've ever seen.
Quite messy pricing, difficult interpret and there's somethign about fuel surcharges too. Full members seem to get cheaper instruction too so I'd join as a full member and not a temporary. Temporary rates are not exactly competitive for example £42 / month for membership. When you add that cost onto your aircraft hire you end up with a price way above what you might otherwise be thinking.

I was a memebr of another club who duped the members with their pricing policy. Read the small print.

Intrigued why you thought they were so cheap? I suppose if you are paying £200 / hour at Aberdeen then it might still be more cost effective but I'd look further than Aberdeen and Moray for price comparison.

Always the chance of doing a cash deal with some schools too, no harm in asking for a bit of discount is there.

Last edited by high voltage; 17th Feb 2006 at 12:17.