PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Coastguard SAR - Bristow out??
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2006, 11:20
3D CAM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Crab.
Facts are often different when viewed in the cold light of day and when the red mist has gone.(was that an apology?)
Your crewroom gossip was started by someone with privileged information who should have kept it and her opinions to herself until no longer in a position to influence the award of a vital contract. Her opinions of Bristow are no secret either but then that is a two way street.
As some one who has more time with BHL than I really care to remember, I can assure you that one company is just about as good/bad as the other. At the end of the day, it will be down to the same crews to make do with whatever is thrown at them, good or bad. Only the 'Cap Tally' wiil change!
A question for you. Would the RAF/FAA accept into frontline service an aircraft type that had not had intensive trials in all roles first? If so
then things really have changed since I left all them years ago? This is exactly what you are expecting us inferior,geriatric civvies to do, only with TWO types.
Artic Warrior.
Couldn't agree more. The bloke at the bottom of the cliff, injured on a boat or whatever doesn't give a stuff what the colour of the helicopter nor the age of the plumb-bob, just as long as he is got out safely. That is what it is all about!