PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Regulatory Reform Program will drift along forever
Old 17th Feb 2006, 00:56
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eeeeerm I recieved my February issue yesterday of Business & Commercial Aviation

Two fascinating articles.

One a review of the MU2 which left more unsaid than said, and for which the FAA now requires amongst other things Part 121 training sytems but the more interesting one was the article about the FAA.

Its called Caught in the Middle and accurately describes the problem that the operators and FAA have in uniform interpretation and application of the regs.

The hazardous "work arounds" some operators have used and the problems the FAA have in that area.

It is a mirror of the Australian experience where we have a widely dispersed aviation population and regulatory effort.

For those who are in the habit of paying out on the regulator it should give them an understanding that the problem is not necessariloy with the regulator per se and for CASA some solace that they are not alone with this problem.

If you are serious about understanding the issue and dont subscribe, either do or go buy it off the shelf.

When I have a minute I'll try to summarise the dot points but buy it any way.

They also refer to a previous article which appeared in the Aug 2005 issue, "Lighting the Dark side of Charter" which should be required reading or incoporated in the ops manual for operators and a tool for CASA in what to look for.