PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MT RANT
Thread: MT RANT
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 20:45
Almost_done

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr C Hinecap
I have watched this thread with a knowledge of the dirge it would produce. As someone who has actually been an OC MT, I can say you lot moan and whine. Managing the difference between 'want' and 'need' is jolly fun. What you wanted was a gold-plated, mink lined service. What you needed was 4 seats, an engine and some diesel (single fuel concept). It was funny how expectations and variation between want and need increased with the regular working altitude of the customer
Well put and can this be an end to this debate, we as a Service have far more pressing concerns to worry about than 'should I wash a car', while funny and has been an enjoyable debate, it has shown the pettiness that is still prevalent in our whole rank structure.

If the orders say the driver cleans the vehicle, the driver cleans it, PERIOD.

Ergo, if the high and mighty Sqn Ldr didn't want to wash it then he asks for a driver, if not then he signs the vehicle out knowing full well the MT orders for that Base and complys with them per his annual signature on the afore mentioned MT orders.

Oh yes it's the 'Union Junta' that help to keep you flying Mub Clubber, if you're not happy with that fix then your own jet, if you are so important.

Last edited by Almost_done; 16th Feb 2006 at 23:58.