PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ''Ryanair caught napping'' C4 TV 13 FEB 9pm
Old 16th Feb 2006, 19:29
7006 fan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Although I agree with many of the sentiments expressed here, and before anyone jumps in -I too have been within the subject of one of the BBC things- yes they do hype and bend the truth and sometimes provide only half a picture, but if what was suggested in that programme was only half true (rather than half truthes): I would feel slightly uncomfortable. It may be a load of disgruntled staff whom the reporter singled out, but having worked for a 'sweat-box' firm and fallen asleep at the wheel whilst driving home once (only for a blink, that scared me) I was leaving for work at 6am to get into the office for 9am, then leaving at 6pm to get home at 8pm (and driving during the working day) 20 hours a week flying sounds good to me (await tirade of pilots explaining that flying is more pressurable than driving in the East-end of London, talk to a cabbie or bus driver -one of the highest heart attack/disease rates of any job, I understand). I think the docu' painted a not too unfair picture of what it is like to work for a company that cuts costs to the bone and gets more than enough from its' staff, I do not condone or applaud -just state that it exemplifies a perfect 'capitalist model'. Fritz Lang's Metropolis is a perfect example (the guy on the 'electric clock')

Cherrs