PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old?
Thread: Am I too old?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 17:51
rob152

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Am I too old?

Hello fellow flyers!

Ok Im 25 yrs old with an ambition to become a professional pilot (since I was about 5!), anyway as a result of my increasing age I've accepted that some kind of part sponsorship or a course with someone like ctc wings is becoming out of reach. I'm in the final 5 months of a HND in Aeronautical Engineering and I am trying to put some kind of plan together as during my time at college I've struggled financially,so I've decided to work full-time at Transair (a current part-time job) for long enough to sort myself out moneywise to a point where, hopefully, I can commit to an integrated scheme (modular if I have to!).

This is obviously a big step to take and research must clearly be done but if I can work hard enough to clear my current debts and improve my disasterous credit rating would I then find that I'm possibly too old (I'm thinking I should be about 27)?!

Can I realistically get myself to a position where I can go off and pursue either the integrated or modular course, I know that the major schools have business relationships with banks and can offer a financial package for those who dont have the money available but is this a road I can go down? Its probably the only option I'd have if I wanted to go self sponsored, if not fingers crossed I can achieve a type of part sponsored scheme!

Many thanks guys and gals,

Rob