PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER
Thread: MANCHESTER
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 10:03
Momentary Lapse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed

Thankyou for your comments. I concur with you that you would expect to see nationals running their own companies. My point was I think that the Rev Spooner was preaching a message about ethnic and gender balance that he wasn't demonstrating with his behaviour when recruiting his senior team.

MA has targets to meet for gender, ethnicity and disability as a % of the workforce. Yet MA's senior management team is exclusively white, middle aged, middle class, able bodied and I think all male. Message versus behaviour?

Adola69: Re R2 - I fell for the Yes to R2 rhetoric at the time and felt guilty and ashamed some years later when I saw the concreting of the countryside. The argument above is based on the assumption that growth is good. I question its goodness as the price was for me too high. MA could have done all the bat box and tree planting thing without the runway being built. I believe that with more imaginative pricing to discourage small aircraft especially in the peak, and to encourage more off peak activity, throughput could be massively increased with a single runway (see LGW with one runway, higher throughput, due to larger a/c and better peak spreading). Spooner and McDermott have started to do this with great success. Shame the Fat Controller couldn't have been more imaginative during his period of presiding over waste and stagnation.

Coasthugger: Finally Ms Burns. Interesting allegation. You may think so but I couldn't possibly comment.

Last edited by Momentary Lapse; 16th Feb 2006 at 10:50.