PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Forum?
Thread: Military Forum?
View Single Post
Old 16th Feb 2006, 09:33
flower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am ex Military , come from a complete military background but am now in Civil ATC. As part of my normal everyday job I work military aircraft of all types.
Although I don't post, I do like to be able to access what is going on in the Military world, not only because of my past life but it helps to gain a better understanding of the military side of my work.

We regularly get a similar rant in rumours and news that the forum should be for professional pilots only, that of course keeps out all the rest of us who are still aviation professionals. I know just how frustrating "spotters" and armchairs pilots/ATCOs can be but most of the time you can simply ignore their posts within a couple of lines of reading them.

I would hope that we are all welcome to read these threads and if we have something valuable to contribute why shouldn't we post ?

We do have separate forums for various airlines and for example NATS, much of what goes on in there is commercial and not for outsiders to read, I am not so sure that could apply to the military but I have been out for so long now perhaps it now does.