PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Eagle Jet International
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 17:44
tigermagicjohn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay to Play! Can you actually read what is written!

The words jealous and desperate comes from to of the respondents here! Vow!!
I actually dont understand where you get this from!

First the reply just comes with a statement, without any facts to back up their statement.

Let me ask you when did airlines companies become moral? At what point do they decide if they will take you or not?

Now I am probably a lot older then the last couple of replies, 36 years old! This is on the edge of where one should consider to start such a career. I am neither jealous or desperate, however I have been clever, worked hard and saved my money, and want to do something I like with MY MONEY, that I have WORKED VERY HARD FOR!

When I was young I decided against pursuing a pilot career because of the cost that was involved and my lack of funds. (I NO LONGER HAVE THESE LACK OF FUNDS)
I refused to pursue a military career in the army, even if I was offered place in the Norwegian Krigsskolen, this higher officer training in Norwegian army, why? Because I had not motivation or intrest for this..

Even during my early 20's I chose a life many could only dream of, and I found it nearly as intresting as pilot career, maybe sometimes even more challenging. I was show producer and wild animal trainer (tigers and lions)
Then I had an ex girlfriend that f me for all my money and work, and at the age of 32 started a new business with £200 a week job living in London. Note the following I started with £200, and now can if I want sponser my whole education , type rating and 500 hours jet training with MY OWN MONEY! Make the calcualation, and tell me if you make this money within your first 4 years as a pilot?

I very much recent some of you guys attitude, actually I feel there is a bit of jealousy and bitterness from you wannabes that wish you could be in similar financial situation, but due to lack of mult task talent you are not able to concentrate about more then one thing at a time.

I know PPL is easy, however I took my PPL in Norway, I starterd the theory when I was 17 and still at college, I did self study, the Norwegian Aero Club sent me all the theory books, after few months I took my theory exam and passed it first time. (By the way same time that I took my A-levels) When I was 18/19 I combined my final year at college, flying lessons for PPL and part time job to PAY FOR MY OWN FLYING HOURS. Then when 19 I had part time factory job 12 hours a day, for 4 days a week, followed by 3.5 days non stop flying for PPL.

Because of the cost to travel to America, and because I did not HAVE RICH DADDY to back me up, I did not go to USA flight school when I was 21 as I had planned to do. Sometimes in life things doesnt always work out as you plan, however I HAVE NO REGRETS. I found another passion, you can actually have more then 1 passion in life, and that does not make it less.
I started travelling world wide, and got to know many pilots flying cargo jumbo jets, because my show travelled world wide, Asia and Mexico and USA.
Actually during these cargo flights I got the impression that the job could actually seem rather boring. There is not actually much real flying left for the pilot, still I have this attraction within me that I cant stop. But probably to be honest I would proably see more challenge and intrest in bush flying, that is real flying, and not some half automated robotic controller!

So you dare not judge me without knowing me, if you know me you can judge me! However neither of the last 2 comments says anything with any backing up of facts. Or as they say you are talking out of your a !

If I decide to fly, do you think I will limit myself only to fly in europe? I say it like this, find me a cockpit anywhere in the world, and I will call that my home. My friend who flies for Cathay tells me that there is much work in Asia if you are willing to move there! Now I have some experience in life, good and bad, I have done what I have done!
For you there under 25 remember one thing, the world is a rat race, only the strongest survive!

I dont want put anyone done, but it seems that the attitude of some of you guys in this thread stinks of double standard and false pretences. We dont live in a world that is fair, we dont live in a world where its always a happy ending. My motto has always been, where there is a will, there is a way!

Rise to the challenge and present your argument properly, and back it with some facts, instead of just throwing around slander - that is only based on your personal sad situation of life!

How do you bypass the selection process? In what way? Just because like airforce pilots you show jet experience instead of ONLY instruction time PIC on single engine!
Any airline will put you trough the same selection procedure, only difference is that you WILL ACTUALLY BE CONSIDERD, before you have spent 8 years instructing.

Tell me if you work as instructor for 3 years, how much will that cost you incl. living expenses to maybe get enough hours to maybe be able to find some place to apply for a job!

Calculate the difference and tell me what are your savings by not doing this?