PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFPS Idol curiosity.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 13:28
vespasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT3,
EFPS will not "solve" ground capacity problems because that's not it's job. KK has major ground capacity issues as well and all I can reiterate is that, because EFPS has reduced my workload compared to paper strips, I have more time, not less, to concentrate on the job in hand and more time, not less, to plan, resolve conflicts and do all those day to day things that make up GMC.

The fears about loss of heads up time are overplayed - for the first few days your heads up time is reduced, but once you get used to the system ( and it happens quicker than you'd think at first ) heads up time is increased because strip management is much more efficient with EFPS.

I can understand the scepticism with which the system is viewed by LL ( we all had it to one degree or another ) but the fact is it works and it works better than paper. Let's not let the issue get clouded by the " most complex unit " issue, because it's a smokescreen. I sincerely hope and believe that you'll be a convert after using EFPS for 6 months!