PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ICUS
Thread: ICUS
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2002, 18:23
hannah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

CHimbu Chuckles,. .Maybe a little clearer second time around.. .I think we need to consider why pilots are doing this ICUS. I am certain they would prefer to save themselves some time and bucks by not doing it if they were still in with an equal chance by not.. .Most insurance companies are asking for 50 hours twin before you can go as PIC or otherwise pay increased premiums, I have heard of some that have a 100 hour minimum requirement.It use to be "or as approved by the CP".. .Has this been due to past experiences they have set this requirement? Or are they just trying to set a better safety standard?. .Unless you land a job with a company who are happy to run two pilot crew for your first twin job this 50 hours could be difficult to reach,perhaps a little slow.

I feel most people are not making their log books look more attractive by doing plentiful ICUS, they are just trying to put themselves in the picture by jumping the insurance hurdles which should only be helpful to any future employer.

. .No offence but does chuckles mean you are a happy soul and laugh a lot? Your parting words for me were not that gracious. . .I will grace you anyway...have a nice weekend..