PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANSTON
Thread: MANSTON
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 11:49
Rupert369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Prudential threw it away wasting millions on EU jet which is why Planestation went broke" - Speed 5

Planestation "went broke" because they were foolish enough to be talked into buying EUJet by McGoldrick, even though it was clear to almost everybody (see archive posts on this) that EUJet would not survive.

"the airline industry is more than familiar with the `new management` and their modus operendi and will probably steer clear and not touch them with a bargepole" - Speed 5

Except of course, the aviation industry does touch them with a barge pole - look at the success of their operation in Prestwick.

"there was more chance of this airport getting going when OI was in charge" - Speed 5

Then why didn't it happen?

"Give Infritil perhaps two years max before they go bankrupt" - Speed 5

As Desk driver suggests, they'd sell the place to new owners (don't think Kent County Council would permit housing there) before they'd go bust, if only to safeguard their future at Prestwick, so I really don't think that this is a concern.

I am afraid that I am not convinced by any of your points. Maybe there will be hot air and no action for a while, but I for one have my fingers still crossed for scheduled services in the not too distant future.