PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Military Forum?
Thread: Military Forum?
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 10:07
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Tourist brings nothing but arrogance to this forum, I strongly suspect that the only thing he flies is his misplaced ego.

Bitter and twisted is how you come across Tourist, bitter and twisted... Obviously a Fighter Controller stuck underground, in a field or perhaps in the new CRC with freshly bricked up windows!! "

Arrogant.....maybe.
Ego............I never said I was any good.
Bitter..........not even a tiny bit. My good fortune in flying appointments is notorious throughout the FAA. It has been suggested that on current trend, my next job will probably be Hugh Heffners plunge pool assistant.(that narrows my identity down a bit!) Truly cannot believe I get paid for this lark.
Twisted.......You will have to ask my wife.

I feel I should point out at this juncture that I never said the Military does not need a varied selection of branches to operate, just that in my opinion they don't fit the criteria for this forum.
I also never suggested that engineers don't fit, as they obviously do.

ukatco_535, you say I am

"someone I would associate more with being in an air force due to flying being the raison detre of their being"

erm yes.....I concur. Since when has being here for the love of flying been a bad thing? Would you rather I was here for the money?

Incidentally, I have nothing against civvy ATC. Extremely professional, helpful and competent. Navy ATC on the other hand......