PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EFPS Idol curiosity.
View Single Post
Old 15th Feb 2006, 07:22
vespasia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gonzo, all points taken. Yes, EFPS will reduce your capacity for a short time post introduction, but experience shows this is a very short period and with careful planning ( flow etc. ) can be managed. Don't see how mixed mode operations will cause you too much of a problem since SS and KK manage with no problems in exactly such a mode ( in the case of KK at a similar traffic level per runway. ) The point about different freqs for vehicles and crossers is perfectly valid, but there are solutions and if workload increases in this area, it is vastly reduced in others. There are losses and gains, but the overall reduction in workload is significant in my experience. As for GT3s comments about the system not being designed for more than one runway, let's not forget where it came from. I know the traffic levels are different but the Canadians seem to manage with just as high a level of complexity as at LL at their EFPS equipped airports.
I know it all seems very traumatic for LL now ( been there! ) but as at KK and SS a year after introduction you won't want to go back to paper