PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RyanAir Captains ...
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 23:29
Acomabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RyanAir Captains ...

.... would you like to share your experiences flying for Ryan? Yes I have used the search function, but all I can seem to find are disencahted FO's and those that feel slighted on having payed for a rating, not receiving it. And yes I am thinking about a DEC position. What I have discovered from this board, besides what was stated above, is a feeling of frustration/anger towards management and their treatment towards employees.

The questions I would have for someone in a Captains position woud be;

1) Is it as bad as you read on these boards? Are you left hanging while out on the line, if problems arise's or is there support?

2) Do they honor your contract, or stated work conditions

3) Is there any felxability in the schedules. (i.e.) do you have options with the "roster".

4) Do you enjoy flying with them ?

I'm not trying to stir things up, I am honestly trying to get an understanding before I make a decision one would regret. I have had the "career" and am looking for a little bit more of an adventure. I have flown for companies with bad/inconsiderate management whose strongest talents were that they could make, what otherwise would be a great job, mediocre, or at worst, misierable. The one way they make that happen is to hold the risk of losing the job over ones head. That I would be imune to... just want to have fun flying and living in Europe.

Any input would be appreciated.