PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MPL timing (merged)
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 23:00
Say again s l o w l y

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some who take their "hour building" seriously, but the vast majority just bimble about burning holes in the sky and wallets.

Self funded training will NEVER disappear, so there's not much point in even discussing it really!

Is modular better than integrated? An old argument that can never be resolved.

What is it about the current system that is seen to be inadequate? Perhaps if we focus on the problems, the solutions may present themselves.

For me, the initial selection needs to be better. I see a huge number of people who are set on trying for a career in aviation. Many are wasting their time and are never going to set the world alight, but if they have the drive and determination, who am I to say they shouldn't give it a go?

We cannot expect to have a military standards for recruitment, the numbers of people involved are just too great and why should we bother anyway? The airlines are happy because they have plenty of people wanting to fill cockpits, which create the market forces to drive down salaries and make us all a less valuable commodity to the bean counters. So why would they want to change the current recruitment?