PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL module by module
View Single Post
Old 14th Feb 2006, 21:45
Platinum206

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATPL module by module

Gents,

A question many may laugh at, or not, I'm not sure but thats what this forum is for!

I have completed my JAR PPL, soon to embark on ME IR.
What I am wondering is if it is possible to study and sit, or at least begin to, some of the ATPL exams. From Studying for the PPL, I think its fair to say one can discover quite quickly which aspects and subjects one takes to and finds easier to learn.

Is it possible at all to study one at a time in between getting various licences/ add-ons over a period of time.

I am familiar with the distance learning idea but am not too keen as I know I would not have the discipline to study a certain amount of subjects in a given time due to work and social commitments.

I would like to be able to study until I felt I was ready, sit the exam and have it under my belt as one less to do when I do go to do the rest of the ATPL course exams full time. This would surely also allow extra time and effort to be put into the other subjects once full-time study commences.

Just an idea I have been pondering recently and would love to hear some thoughts on it, especially if anyone has gone down this avenue, did they feel it helped etc..

Looking forward to your comments,
Brgds,
P206